Orthopedic Implants Usage Continues To Grow
Orthopedic Implants usage is expected to increase by an annual sputter, this type of product is stable and growing demand driven by the following factors:
1) correction of an aging population will require more implants. To 2015, the United States population will be over 65 years old 48,000,000, compared with 2010, an increase of more than 18%.
2) for osteoporotic fractures and Musculoskeletal diagnosis was driven by more orthopedic surgery, especially for people aged 65 and over.
3) in medical costs associated with obesity has doubled in the past decade, the current United States spending $150 billion this year. In the United States, weight loss surgery has become a profession, not only challenges the way orthopaedic surgeons, may even decide to implant design.
4) active lifestyle has caused increase in younger demographics.
5) scientific and technological advances are making the equipment more durable, so that younger patients receive a "lifetime" implant.
Implants have been started intelligent. In the field of orthopedics, sensors are used in the graft on the implementation. This area at the same time is driven by three areas: embedded sensor technologies, orthopedics manufacturers on increasing understanding of the embedded chip, as well as manufacturing and the motivation of health care providers.